KILLING THE INNER CHILD | tumblr | full site
Man must be disciplined, for he is by nature raw and wild.-- Immanual Kant
Short hand notes:
- SHOUTAS AND LOLIS ERRYWHERE
- ALTERNATE UNIVERSE, EARLY TO MID 1900s. CITY EERILY SIMILAR TO LONDON.
- THERE'S A RAD BOARDING SCHOOL
- AND THERE'S A REALLY COOL ZOO. BUT THE ZOO IS ACTUALLY TURNING BAD CHILDREN INTO ANIMALS!!
- YEAH WHOO.
- His universe runs on the same timeline as Edwardian superheroes’. Rather than Edwardian, the setting takes inspiration from the period post-WWI, and prior to WWII. It’s (pseudo)London, which is very grey— but the citizens themselves dress colourfully, have colourful hair, or colourful eyes. Often both.
- At the heart of (pseudo)London, there is a menagerie— an exotic house to creatures of all sizes, colours, shapes, and variations in-between.
And, every year, Tremaine’s Academy for Girls and Boys (a super prestigious school for the children of rich families) takes its students to this house of wonderful animals. It’s magnificent! And exciting! And wonderful!
- Little do most people, there are some animals in the menagerie that aren’t completely regular. In actuality, some of its members are children turned animals via magic. For you see, the runners of the zoo love good children— they love good children so much, they want to provide a world that is happy and safe for them all! But, in order to do that, a lesson muct be taught to the bad and naughty ones…
When visiting the zoo, bad children often run into “accidents” and go “missing.” From there, they are transformed into animals until the age of 18 wherein they are turned human again… but broken, and with the mindset of a tamed beast.
Because bad children get into accidents all the time, there are very few that suspect such a thing is happening. And, when former zoo-gooers eventually find home again, there aren’t many that object to such quiet, obedient, and good things.
Other children are able to hear the voices of children-turned-animals, little do the zookeepers know! This year, something’s going to be done about it!