GOD HATES ROBOTICS
Monsters remain human beings. In fact, to reduce them to a subhuman level is to exonerate them of their acts of terrorism and mass murder — just as animals are not deemed morally responsible for killing. Insisting on the humanity of terrorists is, in fact, critical to maintaining their profound responsibility for the evil they commit. And, if they are human, then they must necessarily not be treated in an inhuman fashion. You cannot lower the moral baseline of a terrorist to the subhuman without betraying a fundamental value.
SHORT HAND NOTES
- It is set in the future, but same fashions as today.
- Big city big action, yeah!
- Terrorists are making mechanical organs explode.
- Gene spliced misfits get to save the day.
- Mechanical organs-- An increasingly popular alternative to having below average "organic organs."
- Mechs—Short for “mechanical”;; those with one or more mechanical organs. At this point they are rarely seen outdoors, as they are scared that the Purists will shut them down.
- Purists—Those who are against mechanical organs. Since they are mere humans, some may equip themselves with weapons. They usually meet for Morning Mass and Evening Mass on Sundays.
- Mods—Short for “biologically modified”;; those who follow the underground trend of gene splicing, as it is less expensive than getting a body full of enhanced robot organs. They are unaffected by the shut-down machine, as most of their modifications are biological-related. Gene Splicing is still at its early stages, meaning that it is less accurate and quite risky. Generally it is considered an obsolete and rather “useless” science, but there are some who still practice it, with sometimes positive results. Body Modifications are rather extreme, and are generally noticeable.
- In the future, Mechanical organs and the surgery to acquire them have become widely accepted and, by each day, increasingly popular. With these artificial innards come longer lives, higher likelihoods of employment, and many more benefits. It is not surprising, then, that the government has no comment on the trend and the main populace’s movement towards robotics.
- However, "Purists” begin to appear in retaliation to this mindset. Although they are deemed minor nuisances at first, the most zealous of group eventually figure out how to shut down mechanical organs, thus starting a wave of terrorist attacks.
- In response to this, Government agents up at HQ attempt to create a device that can nullify the shutdown device, along with blueprints of mechanical organs resistant to terrorist attack. However the insufficient research continues to delay this mission, and therefore, all the government can do at the moment is wait around for biologically modified individuals to hand them any information that may be vital to their cause.
- When Mods are hired by Mechs, they can provide detailed reports about Purist activity, as well as “bodyguard-ship” to Mods who can afford it.
- Purists sometimes recruit Mechs who have "opened" their eyes, or were forced to go underway with the surgery. The Cleansed Mechs, in turn, "hire" Mods and then bring them to the Lab.
- At the Lab, Purists perform experiments on the Mods to find out how to kill the freaks faster/more effectively. Eventually, they discover a DNA rebound serum that affects the modifications made to Mods. The serum causes accelerated (and more than likely unwanted or unpleasant) growths/mutations (both physically/mentally).
- However, this causes a rift amount the Purists. There are those who support use of this serum, while others who simply wanted to watch their mechanicalneighbors die.
- ...And then there’s action and internal conflict and all that good stuff.